Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Week 1 EOC: Excellent Customer Service

Luckily I have had many great customer service experiences. But the one experience that truly stands out the most would have to be my shopping experience at Old Navy. About a year or so ago I went in to Old Navy, by my house, to buy outfits for the upcoming season. The store had about four to five customers inside; it was a pretty slow day. I walk in and this associate named Vikki, greets me and right away asks me if there’s anything she could direct or help me with. I said what I was interested in buying and she pulled out different styles and colors in my size and had a fitting room ready for me in a matter of ten minutes. I’ve been a customer for Old Navy for awhile now and I do know that they don’t hire or label any associate as a stylist. Vikki was very helpful and when I wanted something they didn’t have in the color I wanted she offered to call other stores and that it would be shipped to my house if I didn’t want to come back and pick it up. I spent three hours in the store that day and purchased over three hundred dollars, but Vikki gave me a forty percent discount for my entire purchase. I was satisfied so much with her assistance I offered to talk to her manager and let him know what a great employee they had. Sure enough she’s now the district manager for the Las Vegas Old Navies.” When dealing with customers, Zappos employees must check their egos and competitiveness at the door. Customer-service reps are trained to look on at least three rival Web sites if a shopper asks for specific shoes that Zappos doesn’t have in stock and refer customers accordingly. “My guess is that other companies don’t do that,” Hsieh says. “For us, we’re willing to lose that sale, that transaction in the short term. We’re focused on building the lifelong loyalty and relationship with the customer.”(Marketing: An Introduction for Education Management Corporation, 10th Edition, Page 2).

No comments:

Post a Comment